Severe GUI Performance Degradation RRS feed

• Question

• This has only just started to occur since 16 July 2020.  (I've tried several times to raise a ticket, but the online form gets stuck taking my CC payment so it I can't lodge a ticket yet.)

Starting from last Thursday 16 July, with increasing frequency, our clients are complaining about the slowness of our VB .NET 4.5 WinForms Desktop Application.  This is even on highly specified hardware you can visually see the forms paint slowly each user control and panel one at a time, regardless of whether it's our main form or a very simple message box form.  There are no spikes on the CPU, RAM, Disk, or Network monitors.  And it's not related to a specific Windows 10 build.

The very same version of our application using the same database, on the same network, for the same users works normally on Windows 7.  Even wiggling around the Team Viewer window displays severe latency.  And we have NOTHING to do with Team Viewer, I just wanted to demonstrate it's not just our own application that is being hindered by this issue.

I can reproduce the issue both on my desktop HP PC and Dell Notebook.  I know our code isn't the most beautiful (I didn't write it) but our hardware is more than capable of crunching it, it was working fine last month.  My suspicions lie with a Patch Tuesday GDI+ bug fixes but so far I can't prove that.

All attempts to async or background process code in the Form Loading area's result in no significant improvements. 

How do I prove that it's Microsoft's fault?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:47 PM

Answers

All replies