Closure of Hotmail Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• I have been receiving emails from"WINDOWS LIVE TEAM [ayman1511975@hotmail.com]" stating the below and I would like for Microsoft to advise on this.

"Windows Live Hotmail Alert!!!

CONFIRM YOUR WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT SERVICES. VERIFY YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT NOW TO AVOID IT CLOSED !!!

Dear Account Owner

This Email is from Hotmail Customer Care and we are sending it to every Hotmail Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of Hotmail accounts so we are shutting down some Hotmail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are sending this email to you so that you can verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you are still interested please confirm your account by filling the space below.Your User name, password, date of birth and your country information would be needed to verify your account. After following the instructions in the sheet,your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

* Name:  ..........................................

* Username: .............................

* Password: ..............................

* Date of Birth: ..........................

* Country Or Territory: ...............

Confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 48 hours for security reasons.

Sincerely,

The Windows Live Hotmail Team"

Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:06 AM

Answers

• Hello Ramesesiiii,

Looks like a typical "phising" email to me, trying to dupe you into providing personal information as well as the username and password on the email account that received this.

IMHO just ignore it, and put the sending email address on your blocked senders list.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hello Ramesesiiii,

Looks like a typical "phising" email to me, trying to dupe you into providing personal information as well as the username and password on the email account that received this.

IMHO just ignore it, and put the sending email address on your blocked senders list.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:43 PM
  • I received this email apparently from windows live named elmura or some name similar.

I received this email apparently from microsoft yesterday. They are going to cancel my hotmail account!! Please keep it open.
    ===================================================================================
    ".... customer of Windows Live Hotmail....recent upgraded ..., we would be closing both all unused and anonymous registered accounts... your account is among those to be deleted, and your verification would be needed... Verify it by clicking on the reply button ...
    information required below: Name:* User name:* Password:* Date of Birth:* Country Or Territory:

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to verify his/her account after a week of receiving this warning, will lose it permanently
    Microsoft Corporation One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052 Case ID 153114773YXUD9"
    ===================================================================================

freddy
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 1:27 PM
  • "freddy5430" wrote in message news:6ceb6d23-7bac-4cb0-a3fe-92ff6002030b...

I received this email apparently from windows live named elmura or some name similar.

I received this email apparently from microsoft yesterday. They are going to cancel my hotmail account!! Please keep it open.
    ".... customer of Windows Live Hotmail....recent upgraded ..., we would be closing both all unused and anonymous registered accounts... your account is among those to be deleted, and your verification would be needed... Verify it by clicking on the reply button ...
    information required below: Name:* User name:* Password:* Date of Birth:* Country Or Territory:

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to verify his/her account after a week of receiving this warning, will lose it permanently
    Microsoft Corporation One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052 Case ID 153114773YXUD9"

freddy

It’s a scam – do NOT respond to it.
    Simply log into your account in the normal way – you can then check your account details.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 2:12 PM