Cannot Retrieve user access level permissions for the folder 8004008A RRS feed

• Question

• when i go to sharing within "view folder properties" i get the cannot retrieve user access level permissions for the folder message.

An unexpected error have occured 8004008A -. Try this task again. It the problem persists, view Support Information.

Can anyone shed light on what this might mean?

Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:45 PM

Answers

• The only way I managed to fix this was to shut down the server remove all of the harddrives apart from the OS, restart reassign the shared folders, shut down. Reinstall the drives. Startup and reassign back to the original folders and the system seems to have rebuilt the sharing structure.

P.S. this was a raid 5 system with 3 x 2TB drives and an OS drive.

• Marked as answer by JamesStewart Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:45 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:45 AM

All replies

• The only way I managed to fix this was to shut down the server remove all of the harddrives apart from the OS, restart reassign the shared folders, shut down. Reinstall the drives. Startup and reassign back to the original folders and the system seems to have rebuilt the sharing structure.

P.S. this was a raid 5 system with 3 x 2TB drives and an OS drive.

• Marked as answer by JamesStewart Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:45 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:45 AM
  • This really sucks, I have just spent best part of a week building a new server and migrating my data to WHS2011 with 4 x 1.5TB drives in RAID 5 + OS drive and now it appears I am going to have to do it all over again.

It doesnt help that there is no proper support for this new OS and the support message refers you to this site

Mal
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:42 PM
  • James

could you explain a bit of what you did, I have removed my raid drive gone back into dashboard and the folders are there with a status of missing, it says to recreate the missing folder, is that what you did? I have tried this and it asks me for a folder to create, I change this to the OS drive then click ok but I just get a status bar with Adding folder but nothing happens. Is this what happend with yours?

Mal
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:13 PM