none
User names not disaplyed for last two days. RRS feed

• Question

• For the last two days I have no display of user names or icons on posts. If I click on any name in list of topics I always am directed to my own profile.

The following always goes to my profile "jrv" even though it is explicit to "glacket"

List users in local admin group on all workstations                         Alert me                

>                 
    Hi, I created a script that is supposed to query workstations and list all users in the local admin group. I originally used "test-connection" for logging purposes but it caused an issues ...

Answered                     |8 Replies|81 Views|Created by                         glacket -                          1 hour 14 minutes ago                     |Last reply                             by                             jrv -                              3 minutes ago                        

If I copy the shortcut under "glacket" I get this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/glacket/?type=forum&referrer=http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/user/threads?user=jrv

It points to my profile.

This happens on Windows 7 and 8.1.  IE 11.  IE has been reset and cache purged - system restarted. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Edited by jrv Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:43 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:41 PM

Answers

• We just deployed a hotfix for this. Can you still reproduce this issue?

Forums Program Manager

• Marked as answer by jrv Friday, September 5, 2014 1:34 AM
    Friday, September 5, 2014 1:08 AM

All replies

• I just discovered that if I link to a page from this forum toic the users and icons are OK.  Not from other pages, RSS or email.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:45 PM
  • There's been another report of this issue here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/36f81d39-780b-4478-b5f7-dc52ca11f433/replied?forum=reportabug

The suggested workaround is to refresh the page. I might suggest posting in that thread that you're also experiencing this issue, hopefully Bryant has set an email notification on it.

I guess I've just been lucky, I haven't had any problems with names/avatars over the last few days.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:41 PM
  • Refresh has not worked but now the problem seems to be fixed.  Immediately after I posted in this forum the problem disappeared.  I should have waited a little longer.

I really wish these guys would fix this forum.  It has beenyears that  ost of these formatting issues have been a problem.  MSDN has none of these issues andnever has.  (Maybe that is why MS wants to cancel TechNet.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:11 PM
  • Oh - Thanks Mike.  It is good to know that I am not going crazy all by myself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:12 PM
  • I also experienced this. I also had pages load with no css at all, just unformated text. I had to refresh and be patient, but the pages finally loaded properly.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:23 PM
  • I also experienced this. I also had pages load with no css at all, just unformated text. I had to refresh and be patient, but the pages finally loaded properly.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Yes  - I have been getting that of and on for a couple of years.  Refreshing does seem to clear that after two or there tries.  This time it was not recoverable on any system until it got fixed. 

One day this will all be fixed or deleted.....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:38 PM

Forums Program Manager

• Marked as answer by jrv Friday, September 5, 2014 1:34 AM
    Friday, September 5, 2014 1:08 AM

Forums Program Manager

Bryant - as I posted above.  As I "Submitted" my original question above I noticed that the problem had disappeared.  It was almost simultaneous within less tha 5 minutes.  It made me think I was imagining the issue.

The issue seems to be completely resolved. I will post back if it returns but I suspect you have fixed it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, September 5, 2014 1:34 AM
  • Thanks @jrv! Please do let me know if you see this again, but it should be resolved at this point. 

Forums Program Manager

Friday, September 5, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Thanks @jrv! Please do let me know if you see this again, but it should be resolved at this point. 

Forums Program Manager

Bryant - Thanks for looking into it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, September 5, 2014 4:25 PM

Forums Program Manager

Bryant - new problem probably same cause. The "Propose as answer" link is now gone everywhere.

Do we need a new topic?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:19 PM
  • Bryant - new problem probably same cause. The "Propose as answer" link is now gone everywhere.

Do we need a new topic?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's a strange one. I'm seeing the links on each thread I'm opening from several different forums.

If it keeps up, I think opening a separate thread isn't a bad idea.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:21 PM
  • Now they are back.  I will watch.  It is hard to find a thread that would have them - un-replied, answered and discussion of course don't.  The thread I was looking at is working after I posted in this forum.

Yes - if it persists I will open a new topic.  I now think it is unrelated to this issue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:33 PM
  • If you do see it again please start a new thread. Thank you for bringing this up. I'll keep my eye on it!

Forums Program Manager

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:37 PM