none
Advices before taking 70-511 exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am going to take the 70-511 exam next Monday. I studied the book already 2 times. I studied all the questions in the practice test included in the cd also. However, while taking the practice exams included in the training kit's cd I figured out that there are missing areas in the book (like security, UAC, UI Automation or Task Parallel Library). However I currently read about this technologies on MSDN. Are there questions on the exam that were also present in the practice test? Can you please give me some advices. The people who had already passed this exam as well as people who passed other exams. I have 4 years experiance in .net framework however I don't have experiance using UI Automation and advance techniques of security that's why I'm afraid I will not pass the exam. Is it correct that the passing score is 80%? The colleague of mine had taken other exam 1,5 year ago and he had 70% passing score.
    • Moved by Lie You Monday, March 21, 2011 3:35 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Friday, March 18, 2011 7:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I didn't do the 70-511 so far but from listening to you, I would simply look at the exam page (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-511&locale=en-us) to see, which areas are part of the exam. That will show you, if some areas are really part of the exam or if some questions just came in by accident.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by niao Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:20 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 7:31 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Konrad, 

Thank you for your answer, I know which areas are part of the exam and I have already took a look at the page you provided. 

I just want to say that it's a little bit strange that Training Kit published by Microsoft does not cover all aspects that are required in the exam. 

Friday, March 18, 2011 8:18 AM