Installed Windows 7 on my PC but it will not accept my product key validation number?I downloaded windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded Windows 7 unto my PC and everything worked fine. I then tried to download Windows 7 unto my Laptop it loaded fine with the exception of validating the laptop product key. My laptop will not accept the Validation code for some reason? Any Ideas why everything worked fine with my PC but then won't except my validation product key on my laptop? It says I have 17 days left in which to Validate my laptop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Saturday, November 27, 2010 2:59 AM Moved to appropriate forum category (From:Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP))
    Friday, November 26, 2010 5:03 AM

Answers

• Hello hypeadoo,

Unless you purchased the Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade limited edition "Family 3-Pack", your purchase of a license for Windows 7 permits that license to be installed on one computer at a time.

So if you purchased a normal retail license for Windows 7, then such license is good on only one computer at a time.   To install Windows 7 on that second computer, you will have to purchase a second license.

Friday, November 26, 2010 5:33 AM