Can't do email

• I cannot do email from Windows Live. When I try, I get the following sequence:

First error:

The Add-in “Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin (C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

I click OK. Then:

Second error:

The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

I click OK. Then:

I get a window entitled “Microsoft Exchange”. The exchange server is exchangeredirect.

I click OK, and get the error:

Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The file C:………………………..outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. (……………. My deliberate omission).

About three months ago, I could do email with none of this nonsense.

Note that as far as I know the Google thing is definitely not installed. I kicked it out a couple of months ago. I don't need it, don't want it, and I don't see what it has to do with Windows Live, anyway.

Also, I brought up Outlook before I brought up Windows Live, so I don't know what that particular complaint meant.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:21 AM

All replies

• This is the Windows Live Writer Forum; for topics pertaining to 'Windows Live Writer'. This forum is meant to be a resource for those who are looking for more information about Writer or want to start a discussion with the Writer team and other people using Writer.

Unfortunately, you've submitted a query to the wrong forum; but perhaps you can find the right forum(s) here.

Reference Link(s):

For everything Windows LIVE [apps and services]

Hope this helps.
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:01 PM