asking for how to install correctly a web cam driver for a lenovo pc RRS feed

• Question

• Hy,

I Downloaded the camera driver package from Lenovo support website(Camera and Card Reader-realtek,sonix,sunplus-), But when I Clicked the .exe file and it followed the on-screen instructions, the installation failed. And a message showed to ask me to seeing the PnpUtil.txt.I don't know why?!!!!!!!!!

• Moved by jrv Thursday, May 14, 2020 11:02 AM Off-Topic
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:51 AM

All replies

• The installation gfiles you downloaded may have been corrupt. I have listed the steps Lenovo officialy subscribes as the right way of installing the camera driver.

Follow these steps to install the camera driver on your lenovo device:

1. Download the camera driver package from Lenovo support website. See Y50-70 as an example. Search and open the Y50-70 product page. Filter by component Camera and Card Reader, then filter by OS Windows 10 64-bit. Download the .exe driver package.
    2. Click the .exe file and it will automatically unzip. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver automatically, or uncheck Install camera driver. Choose a later time to manually install.
    3. If you choose to install the driver later, go to the driver destination folder (c:\drivers\camera xxx). Find and open the file named DeDrvLdr.ini (in some cases the file has a different name, for example, Setup.ini). Open Device Manager > Image devices > right-click camera driver > Properties > Details > Hardware ID. Compare the Hardware ID and the VenID, then find the corresponding camera device manufacturer. Open AVC or Bison folder, then click the .exe to manually install.

Regards.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:56 AM
  • Please do not ask end user product questions in these technical forums.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, May 14, 2020 11:02 AM
  • I don't know why the installation was corrupted, because i don't have any problems of connexion ,also I repeat the operation many times (installing-steps).

Regarding the steps of installing the driver manually, I don't find the images devices in device manager. In fact I have already a web cam driver but i desinstallit, it was just a typo.

are there alternative solutions to this problem except those stepts mentioned previously.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 1:31 PM
  • Please update the drive using the method mentioned in the below article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4028443/windows-10-update-drivers

Thanks! Sachin Kumar (MSCE, MCSA) | Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 3:48 PM