Add Sales Order with Products RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am novice to CRM development. I need to add sales order of some products. How can I do that? What will be project type i-e, Class Library etc. And little explanation on the code also particularly components of CRM used in it. 

Thanks in advance.

Friday, January 21, 2011 9:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please correct me, You want to automatically add products to sales order? You don't want to add them manually. 
    Regards Faisal
    Friday, January 21, 2011 9:18 AM
  • Scenario is that user will enter the sales order details in Android application and upon save I will call a web service which will enter them into crm, I hope it clarifies you.....
    Friday, January 21, 2011 10:26 AM
  • You want to integrate crm with Android Application. First thing is which method will you use:-

1. Scribe

2. Biztalk

3. SISS

4. Custom webservice developed by a developer.

Exporting data from CRM is easilier however import is a little bit difficult because you have to use web service. Now anyone who is doing this job should have an indepth knowledge of CRM and above mentioned methods. The attribute types, entities involved and their relationships is also very important. In crm Order has a 1 to N relation with Orderdetails and OrderDetails has N to 1 relation with product than product has N to N relationship with pricelist which is being broken down with an other entity PricelistItems. Than there is another entity which would be involved is Unit of measurements. And ofcourse the customer which i either cotact or an account.

Regards Faisal
    Friday, January 21, 2011 11:04 AM
  • I will use custom web service for this purpose. For the CRM knowledge, I have capable resources but I have to code for them to do this job. If you just guide me the way through I can achieve it. 

Thanks for your help. 

Friday, January 21, 2011 12:50 PM
  • MSCRM provides full interoperability through it web service interface, you can make web service calls from your Andriod device. Check Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 SDK (Here is the download link) for document and sample code about how to interact with CRM using Web Services. 
    Daniel Cai | http://danielcai.blogspot.com
    Friday, January 21, 2011 2:46 PM