WHS Connector is causing huge issues RRS feed

• Question

• I install the WHS connector and it get so the part of the install where the status bar states it is starting services.

It then flips a dialog box that asks if I have the correct permission to start services..,..its my homne computer and Im logged in as admin!

So I then download the WHS toolkit, and when it states it is configuring the diagnostics up pops a dialog box asking for the Admin/server name/password. When I enter the info and hit next I get an error message telling me that WHS troubleshooter encountered an unexpected error and has to close...poof!

Im stuck and nothing works...please - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

sw

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    your information is too small to give proper diagnostics, so let me ask you some questions.
    • Is your server a self built machine or a OEM machine? Fresh installed or longer running?
    • Are other clients already installed?
    • Which source did you use to install the client software?
    • Which client operating system do you use?
    • Is the user, who installs the software, local administrator on the client computer?
    • Are any errors in the event log?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:35 PM
  • Hi Olaf, this is Steve from Boston! We spoke about this a couple of weeks ago and I still ma having no luck

Its an OEM machine from HP running about 1.5 years
    Clients are running XP Sp2 - I know I should upgrade to sp3 I guess but I wanted to resolve this issue first if possible -

I am the local admin on the client

no errors in the event log

thank you and Best regards from Boston!

steve
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 7:34 PM
  • Hi Steve,
    so check on the client the file %windir%\setupapi.log.
    You also only answered the half of my questions (at least answers are not in this thread, I have hard times to find your old posting without a provided link).
    Possible could be also, if there is any malware protection software blocking the installation.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:35 PM