• Folks:

I have a form with the following fields:

Full Name:

Company:

EmailID:

Role:

Send Email:

Send Mail:

The 'Send Email' and 'Send Mail' is a radio button with YES/NO. The 'Role' field has a drop down with lots of options. Question is: Whenever a User changes/selects the 'Role' field to 'Former Employee', I want the 'Send Email' and 'Send Mail' radio button to automatically be set to 'NO'.

Thanks !

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:00 PM

Answers

• You can create a workflow to do it.

Register a workflow against your entity to run when the record status changes, i.e when 'Role' attribute is modified.

Check for the Role value as 'Former Employee' and add a step named "Send email".

Also in the next step select update record and select your entity and update the 'Send Mail' to set to 'No'.

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:12 PM
  • Yes. Workflows will help you

Refer samples for kickstart

Monday, January 31, 2011 8:13 PM

All replies

• You can create a workflow to do it.

Register a workflow against your entity to run when the record status changes, i.e when 'Role' attribute is modified.

Check for the Role value as 'Former Employee' and add a step named "Send email".

Also in the next step select update record and select your entity and update the 'Send Mail' to set to 'No'.

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:12 PM
  •  

Will the workflow solution work even if the 'Send Email' and 'Send Mail' fields are of type 'bit'?

Monday, January 31, 2011 7:59 PM
  • Yes. Workflows will help you

Refer samples for kickstart

Monday, January 31, 2011 8:13 PM