Album Sorting in remote web access RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to get the music list to sort by Artist as opposed to Album in the streaming media folder of remote webs access?  I would prefer to see my albums listed by artist to make it easier in searching through my music.  The way it is now all albums sort by album title so "18 Greatest Hits"  by Jerry Lee Lewis shows up as the first album.

Also how can I prevent all of the .jpg files of album artwork I have stored in my music folders from being included in my Photos media stream?  As best I can tell to prevent photos from being included in the media streams you would need to Unshare the directory they are stored in.  But this would in turn prevent my music from being available through RWA.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:47 PM

Answers

• Outstanding!  I missed that link completely.  Thanks Ken!

• Marked as answer by Guyj01 Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:46 AM
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:46 AM

All replies

• Is there any way to get the music list to sort by Artist as opposed to Album in the streaming media folder of remote webs access?  I would prefer to see my albums listed by artist to make it easier in searching through my music.  The way it is now all albums sort by album title so "18 Greatest Hits"  by Jerry Lee Lewis shows up as the first album.

Also how can I prevent all of the .jpg files of album artwork I have stored in my music folders from being included in my Photos media stream?  As best I can tell to prevent photos from being included in the media streams you would need to Unshare the directory they are stored in.  But this would in turn prevent my music from being available through RWA.

For your first question:

Just above the tiles which show your albums, you'll see "View: Albums" with a little arrow next to it. Click that and choose Artists from the list. This will sort by artist, instead of by album.

For the second:

You can't. Any media of a type for which you have turned on streaming, in any folder for which you have turned on streaming, is available for streaming.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:10 AM
  • Outstanding!  I missed that link completely.  Thanks Ken!

• Marked as answer by Guyj01 Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:46 AM
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:46 AM
  •  The answer to your second question is to rename the .jpg files that show up in your media stream. WHS 2011 ignores the AlbumArt_{alphanumeric}_Large, AlbumArt_{alphanumeric}_Small, AlbumArtSmall, and Folder.jpg files.

If you decide to go that route, make sure you uncheck the new setting for "Retieve additional information from the internet" in the media options. If you don't uncheck that setting, your custom album art might get overwritten.

I hope this helps you.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:39 AM