copy files from backup RRS feed

• Question

•  Every night my computer does a backup to my home server all files all folders. I have many large files of tv recordings that i like to keep in the server share folder so as to watch on the xbox and be stored locally and not on my laptop. When I copy these across to the server they are using lost of network traffic and take some time to transfer. If my computer is backed up already why can the server not take the file from the backup and put a copy in the share when I start to copy the file over? I believe this would make copying files much faster because they are already on the server
    Monday, September 15, 2008 12:05 PM

Answers

• Shane,
    Why not just record the TV directly to the Shared Folder on the Server, then there would be no requirement to move them.
    There is already an Add-In 'TV Manager' which will work with media Center Clients and WHS.

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:16 PM

All replies

• Shane,
    Why not just record the TV directly to the Shared Folder on the Server, then there would be no requirement to move them.
    There is already an Add-In 'TV Manager' which will work with media Center Clients and WHS.

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:16 PM
  • yes true there is add ons for recoded tv but I have a laptop and record at work then back up at home. for the wife to watch when im not there
    Monday, September 15, 2008 8:06 PM