FetchXML nightmare - designing invoice layout RRS feed

• Question

• Why do Microsoft make everything so difficult?!

My client would like a new invoice layout in CRM 2013 Online.  If you download the standard Invoice layout it is still a standard SQL report not using FetchXML yet this is the only way that you can develop online reports. 

I have a number of issues in what should be such a simple task, the most pressing of which are:

*  I know I should understand how the prefiltering works, but I don't and as a consequence although I have enabled prefiltering="1" in both the Invoice.rdl Dataset1 and the Invoice Sub-Report.rdl Dataset1, the invoice is only available to run for All records, not on Selected records.

*  You can't access the Stringmap directly to be able to reinstate the lookup values that were on the Filtered views.

I haven't been able to find a simple example of how to do this using BIDS.  Has anyone got over these please?

Thanks

Sue Neilson Sovereign Business Integration plc

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi!

If you want to have an easy way to generate an invoice, quote,.. or what ever document and are interested in 3rd Party applications you could take a look into our DocumentsCorePack.
    This solution gives you the possibillity to easily design the template in Word with all the CRM fields and the CRM users can easily generate invoices,quotes,.. based on the template you designed.

With our DocumentsCorePack ServerBased for CRM Online the users do not need to install anything, only the person which designs the template has to install a Word-Addin for Template Designing.

br,

Christian 

Christian Ternek, www.mscrm-addons.com
    follow us twitter.com/mscrmaddons

Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:50 AM
  • Hi Sue, hear your frustration. Couple things though, you shouldn't need the stringmap table as when you use Fetch you'll get both optionset integer values as well as the text values for optionsets.

In the report writers guide are instructions for context sensitive reports, try this for FetchXml based Pre-Filtering on CRM reports. You can look at some blogs about this subject, not much has changed since this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2011/03/18/parameterizing-fetch-based-reports.aspx

or this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield/archive/2014/03/10/dynamics-crm-custom-fetchxml-reporting-with-multiple-datasets-using-pre-filtering.aspx

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. Michael Mayo

• Marked as answer by SueNeilson Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:22 PM
    Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:00 PM
  • Sorry for taking so long to reply to this - and thank you for the assistance.  Did eventually manage to get the invoice layout sorted.

Sue Neilson Sovereign Business Integration plc

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:22 PM