Consuming CRM 2011 REST interfaces with C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Are there some good samples or even good documentation / best practises for consuming CRM 201's REST interfaces via C#?

NB: I'm only interested in C# (.NET 4 / 4.5) as I'd be calling the services from a high volume windows service - so please, examples or documentation relating to calling them from Silverlight, Java or JavaScript etc. are probably of no interest to me.

Thanks,

JK

Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Download latest CRM SDK it has sample code that will help you.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, September 5, 2014 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

Are there some good samples or even good documentation / best practises for consuming CRM 201's REST interfaces via C#?

NB: I'm only interested in C# (.NET 4 / 4.5) as I'd be calling the services from a high volume windows service - so please, examples or documentation relating to calling them from Silverlight, Java or JavaScript etc. are probably of no interest to me.

Thanks,

JK

The CRM 2011 REST interface is not available outside Dynamics CRM. From MSDN

Authentication is only possible within the application.
    Use of the REST endpoint is limited to JScript libraries or Silverlight web resources.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Friday, September 5, 2014 3:43 AM
  • Hi,

You can't access rest endpoint from client side code out side of CRM (this limitation will be removed in future) , but you should be able to generate Odata proxy and should be able to use it in your project. I have not done this personally but you can take reference from this post

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:03 AM