Top Things I think Still Needs Addressing in Future Builds RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

#1: Tune-ups Removing Unnessary files aka Disc Clean up & DeFrag Errors After tune up log reports Issue needs to be fixed

#2 Improved AV/Spy Scanning of Compressed files Zip, Cabs & installer files. (Faster Scanning Performance)

#3 Some kind of e-mail monitoring

#4 Better resource and performance handling

(if doing something else a schedule WLOC task starts user should not notice it weither there browsing online or doing something else

the task shouldn't cause a computer to feel clunky or Slow It should run in the Background Quietly)

#5 Bakup & Restore Might need to be looked at as Windows Vista Higher Versions already have a Bakup & restore and WLOC doesn't need to install Bakup on those builds of Vista Home Premium & Ulimate but if some one installs WLOC on XP and no other Bakup & Restore program is Present then WLOC Should install the Bakup.

#6 Bakup and Restore Needs to be able to allow a user to Bakup Using a second Hard Drive in the Computer. Vista Ultimate Does.

#7 WLOC start up time. WLOC Lengh start up time causes Windows Security Center Monitoring to Alert of Security promblems because wloc did not start up in a timely mannar. Also if the network drivers establishes a connection with out WLOC starting yet a Virus or some other threat could sneak through.  

Did I miss Something ?

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:40 PM

All replies

• #7 Customize Tune-Up feature OR some kind of Automatic Tune-Up when idleing.
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:43 PM
  •  Mr. Murphy wrote:
    #7 Customize Tune-Up feature OR some kind of Automatic Tune-Up when idleing.

Windows Already does alot Defraging & Indexing of a Hard drive when Idled 95 - 98 Had scheduled task then with ME and XP they did away with the schedule task and set a Idle task Users wanted some scheduling back so Vista brought it back.

I like the Idea of chosing if you want to do just a removing files and Defrag or just a Defrag or just a removing Un nessary files sort of like The Free WLOC securty safety site Web scan has you can go in and customize that too. even the beta site there's a link to costomize.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:23 PM
  •  

I got one more

#8 a registry Cleaner in tune up

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:25 PM
  •  Mikro wrote:

I got one more

#8 a registry Cleaner in tune up

That's a good idea that has also been brought up before, but if it should be implemented in the future, it should ONLY delete broken entries and the like where NOTHING can go wrong - only improvement. Could make it suitable with a defragmention of the registry after that too.

The things that brought up the idea with Automatic Tune-Up was: first, that they actually had mentioned it for the 2.0 release. Second, that Norton 360 does this type of thing - it's a really great feature. The reason I don't use it's that I get the same experience with it as the previous/other Norton products; bloat, unresponsiveness and problems.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:33 PM