OCS 2007 and CS1000 Ip-PBX and Nortel Application Proxy RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am researching for a poosible OCS deployment.  All the standard documentation refers to only the IP-PBX and a mediation server to enable enterprise voice.  However when related to a Nortel CS1000 there seems to be mention of an Application Proxy requirement, in relation to Nortels Multimedia Communications Manager and Nortel Converged Office solution. 

I haven't been able to find out much about this and am unsure if this is requierd with an IP-PBX as the information I have seems to just mention PBX's.  (Not being from a voice background I am trying to figure it all out).

Please could someone clarify if this is needed with an CS1000 IP-PBX, and if so why and what is does.

Many Thanks

Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:32 AM

Answers

•  

In order to implement Nortel Converged Office, you must have an OCS Proxy server and a Mediation server in addition to your existing OCS Environment.

OCS Proxy server will be used by Nortel MCM application, it's a normal OCS role without users, and no application filter installed, the only application filter is being installed is Nortel MCM.
    MCM application on the proxy server is taken care of all SIP signaling to and from Nortel environment and if you want to implement Remote Call Control, you must have at least this role
    Mediation server is for transcoding between RT-Audio and G.711 and the other way, as with all other voice deployments, you must have this role if your are going to use Communicator as your "softphone"
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:12 AM