Experience needed to take exam 70-536 RRS feed

• Question

• Do I really need 2-3 years experience to take the exam 70-536? Can't I just learn everything from books to do the exam?
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think it is possible tolearn from books and get experience at the sime time. Without playing around a lot and trying stuff, it will be very hard to pass the exam (and also hard to really understand everything deeply!)

But for example: You could work through the self paced training kit and spend some more time on all the exercises and even extend them or build your own test programs. I think this is really important.

But that all depends on the person learning. All people are different, so feel free to try what you want to try.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Kieran Patrick Wood Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by LLoots Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:29 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:38 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

I think it is possible tolearn from books and get experience at the sime time. Without playing around a lot and trying stuff, it will be very hard to pass the exam (and also hard to really understand everything deeply!)

But for example: You could work through the self paced training kit and spend some more time on all the exercises and even extend them or build your own test programs. I think this is really important.

But that all depends on the person learning. All people are different, so feel free to try what you want to try.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Kieran Patrick Wood Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by LLoots Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:29 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:38 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you. This helps alot.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:18 PM
  • I would also try and orientate your day job as much around your exam as possible. If for example you don't feel ready to be a .Net developer as your day job. Maybe you could get a day job where you are supporting an application which was created using .Net. You could then gradually progress from support to development since you will gain business knowledge of the application you are supporting. Keep your employer in the loop about studying for this certification. It is very expensive for employers to train employees in .Net. Your employer is likely to respect your initiative and commitment.

I hope this helps,

Kieran.

If you have found any of my posts helpful then please vote them as helpful. Kieran Patrick Wood MCTS BI, PGD SoftDev (Open), MBCS, MCC http://uk.linkedin.com/in/kieranpatrickwood
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:31 PM
  • Here is a great resource for Exam 70-536. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-536&locale=en-us#tab1 

If you decide expedited training is your best bet feel free to contact me. Best of Luck!

Sincerely,

Jason: jasonr@solartechnj.com

www.solartech.us.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:49 PM