Right justification of a value field RRS feed

• Question

• I have added some new fields on to the Accounts form to capture values of assets held (property, cash, Investments etc) but i need to be able to align all these values up as I would in Excel. I.E Right Justification. So that all the values  line up above each other.

Does any know of a plugin, or a quick method of doing this?

Jonty
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think you want to put these field in one line and not opposite to each other...then there are two ways to do it..

1. make field use two columns..this way one field will get displayed in one line only...

-> go to form
                   -> select relevant field and click on change properties
                   -> on property page go to formating tab and change it to two column..

2. add some dummy column in the opposite line and then delete it..

-> go to form..add your field (let's call it field 1) ...now add it "createon date" field
                  -> add another field you want (let's call it field 2)...now add it "modifed date" field
                  --> add another field you want (let's call it field 3)..now field 1, 2 ,3 are in one line....delete created on and modified date from the form..

hope this helps
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:08 PM
    Answerer
  • I've seen an add-on for CRM 4.0 that allows you to perform all sorts of formatting of values in CRM grids (and forms too, I hope). I remember seeing color-coded values, trend indicators, icons replacing picklist options, and right-justified text.

Just can't remember what it was called! I'll keep looking though, and update this post if I can find it.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:41 PM
  • Cheers guys. Really appreciate your replys. Unforutnately i need the values underneath each other as i want to total them to show total values, but also because it just looks so damn better.

Thanks Neil. That is exactly what I am after. Will try and hunt round the plugins also. If you find  the name, just holla!

Jonty
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:57 AM
  • I think you can easily do that with out any add ons ..check out Quote Product or Order Product Page in CRM ..it is the same thing that you need..

They have done it using following method..

add some dummy column in the opposite line and then delete it..

-> go to form..add your field (let's call it field 1) ...now add it "createon date" field
                  -> add another field you want (let's call it field 2)...now add it "modifed date" field
                  --> add another field you want (let's call it field 3)..now field 1, 2 ,3 are in one line....delete created on and modified date from the form..

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Mayank, it depends upon what's required. It's easy to arrange fields so that they are arranged one above another using the procedure you have described. But I think TimeTravellingBunny wants something different.

I assumed that TimeTravellingBunny wanted to right-align the text inside the fields. CRM left-aligns all field values, whereas users are used to numerical values being right-aligned (like Excel). It is possible, using custom development or an add-on, to change the text alignment of the values inside the fields.

Neil
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:11 PM
  • Okay, I understood now then in that case i have seen unsupported customization done to achieve this kind of functionality..see following links

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=js32
    http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=js22

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:20 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:16 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks guys. Really appreciate your help to a novice! I was surprised to see there was no formatting of fields, but hey ho!

Neil was spot on with what i wanted, as I did seem to line all my fields up under each other, just with financial values it looks awful with left justification.

MayankP, those links look the business too. Cheers.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:24 AM