none
Anywhere to find the following KB? KB 2703853 RRS feed

• Question

• Sync Framework has a bug in it and supposedly this KB fixes the issue. I cannot find an official download of this KB anywhere.  Does anyone know if there is a repository of older KBs? I have found copies from random people, but in this case we need to try to get it from a verified source.

64 bit patch is needed.

The web page discussing this has a link to the hot fix, but it then says "hotfix is no longer available".

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2703853/fix-system-overflowexception-value-was-either-too-large-or-too-small-e

Symptoms

When you use Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 to perform data synchronization, you may receive the following error message:
    System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt64. At System.Int64.
    Additionally, when you run the following code against the problematic database to check the @@dbts value, you will find that the value is greater than the limitation of an Integer data type value (2147483647):
    select @@dbts
    Note @@DBTS returns the last-used time stamp value of the database.

Cause

This issue occurs because Sync Framework performs some calculations on @@dbts after converting the @@dbts value to the Integer data type value. However, when the @dbts value is greater than 2147483647, the value is converted to a negative integer value. Therefore, an OverflowException exception occurs in the later calculations.
    </section>

• Edited by streagan Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:45 PM

All replies

• I posted this link earlier on another thread. 

I have a copy shared here: https://esri.box.com/s/xe3d4cuzizf6sqlpiycewwbsxiiimlas

Let me know if you have trouble accessing it.

Cheers,

John

• Proposed as answer by johncdoherty Friday, March 22, 2019 7:39 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2019 7:24 PM
  • Hi John,

can you please reupload the hotfix. 

I'm having the same issue and I don't find the download anywhere.

Thanks

Martin

Sunday, November 3, 2019 4:03 PM