off topic - Recovered Registry RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I just recovered from a corrupted registry on a WinXp Pro computer that it was connected to a Win Server 03 server.

Now, I get a message saying: Windows cannot connect to the domain......domain controller is down or unavailable or that the computer account is not found. I checked the workstations connected to the domain, and that computer shows up.

Trying to work around this problem, I've gotten the following messages:

The trust relationship between workstation and primary domain failed.

Unable to log you on because of an account restriction.

Can anyone throw some light on this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:29 PM

All replies

• You are unlikely to find the answer to that question in the One Care backup forum. I would suggest you begin seeking assistance with whomever makes the utility that you restored your registry with. If One Care does this its news to me but if that is so, this still is not the appropriate forum for any response to a registry restore causing networking issues.

Windows Live Search or Google could be your friend here. I would suggest trying that also. I often find that approach very helpful in getting info on technical issues.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:53 PM
  • You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

-steve

Friday, February 22, 2008 2:02 AM