The request failed with HTTP status 401: unauthorized (CRM 4.0 configuration wizard) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am new in Microsoft Dynamic CRM 4.0. I installed the Microsoft Dynamic CRM 4.0 on the server image on my laptop and I installed Microsoft Dynamic CRM for outlook setup in my windows XP.

I think the next step is running Microsoft Dynamic CRM 4.0 configuration wizard. But the problem is when I run this Wizard it is asking me for the Intranet Address. I enter the image server’s name which is http://2k3virt/ and when I press next I receive this error:

The request failed with HTTP status 401: unauthorized

I don’t know what I am doing wrong!

I installed the Microsoft Dynamic CRM for outlook setup on another laptop which has windows XP too and I have the same issue.

Please tell me what should I do and I need step by step help.

Thanks,

Sep

Sep
    Monday, February 2, 2009 7:29 PM

Answers

• Did you add yourself as a user in CRM?  Go to Settings, Administration, Users, select the New button and add the user that you use to login into your PC.  Give yourself the System Admin role by selecting Roles from the User record after you save the new User record.

Once you have the user setup, try accessing the URL again from a Web browser.  Let's confirm  you can access CRM from the Web browser.  Once you do that successfully, then you should not have a problem with Outlook.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, February 2, 2009 8:24 PM

All replies

• Did you add yourself as a user in CRM?  Go to Settings, Administration, Users, select the New button and add the user that you use to login into your PC.  Give yourself the System Admin role by selecting Roles from the User record after you save the new User record.

Once you have the user setup, try accessing the URL again from a Web browser.  Let's confirm  you can access CRM from the Web browser.  Once you do that successfully, then you should not have a problem with Outlook.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, February 2, 2009 8:24 PM
  • Thank you so much. It is working now.
    • Proposed as answer by Sepidehhhhhh Monday, February 2, 2009 9:47 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:08 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 9:47 PM
  • You're welcome, I am glad it worked.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, February 2, 2009 11:53 PM
  • Dear sirs,

I face same problem, but I can access by the URL from a Web browser, but at same time when try to specify same address which one I access in Configration this error coming (The request failed with HTTP status 401: unauthorized (CRM 4.0 configuration wizard)).

I have Question?? no need to install configration tools (for IFD) on which computer running crm server.

Note: I want to work on CRM Client now just but I cannot Continue reasone of this problem.

- Maybe I have problem in (Address)

Thanks & regards,
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:55 AM