Bug report: Install or Uninstall failed when it did not RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Since I have found no better way of reporting bugs to the team, and, the bugs in questions are still there in PowerPack 2, hope is someone from the team listen in here.

If there is a better way of reporting these, please let me know.

Short: Install or Uninstall failed when it did not

Long: The installation process in the WHS console only sees the "0" return code from Windows Installer as being a successfull install or uninstall, and is unable to handle the also successfull return codes where a reboot is required. This means that each time Windows Installer reports that uninstall was successfull, and a reboot is required, the WHS console sees this as "Uninstall failed", causing it to display the already uninstalled add-in as still installed, meaning that it cannot be updated without us having to guide the user through registry changes.

Additional: The information on weather a program is installed is also available in the registry. The WHS console ought to check this, and not display a program as installed if it is not listed as installed in registry, in case a user by mistake uninstall a program from the Control Panel through RDP.

Regards,

Brian Binnerup
    My Movies

Friday, April 17, 2009 12:18 PM

All replies

• You should report bugs (including bugs relating to development) on Connect, please.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, April 17, 2009 4:30 PM