Microsoft Office 2007 validation issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have purchased Microsoft Office 2007 for my son a few years back. I installed it on one of the laptop for him and validated correctly. After scraping that laptop, I have bought a new laptop and installed Office 2007 on it but the validation is failed  now. Is there any way to transfer office from one computer without validation fail to another after certain time as people do change computer after certain time. Many software vendors provide this facility by blocking the software on old computer and allow it on new computer.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• "eaak2004" wrote in message news:891b03d8-078b-46b6-9d91-1b7118f279b4...

Hi All,

I have purchased Microsoft Office 2007 for my son a few years back. I installed it on one of the laptop for him and validated correctly. After scraping that laptop, I have bought a new laptop and installed Office 2007 on it but the validation is failed  now. Is there any way to transfer office from one computer without validation fail to another after certain time as people do change computer after certain time. Many software vendors provide this facility by blocking the software on old computer and allow it on new computer.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You mean Activation, rather than Validation.
    Transferring the license to another computer means that you have to activate by telephone, and probably speak to an operator – take the Activate by Phone option, and follow the instructions. When the ansafone asks which service you require, do NOT respond – this should force an operator to pick up who can deal with your problem.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, October 3, 2011 7:53 AM
  • Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:35 AM