I want to choose how often I am prompted to backup RRS feed

• Question

• I am prompted monthly to back up my files.  I do not wish to back up my files monthly; maybe every other month.  I am trying to find out how to select how often I am prompted to back up my files.  Please help.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 12:12 AM

Answers

• Currently the longest period One Care allows between backups is four weeks. The only workaround I know of is to turn backup off then turn it on only when you want to back up your files.

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:32 AM

All replies

• Currently the longest period One Care allows between backups is four weeks. The only workaround I know of is to turn backup off then turn it on only when you want to back up your files.

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:32 AM
  • Can you please tell me how to turn it off? It prompt's me to back up every other day. Thank you for your time.

JimR1 wrote:

Currently the longest period One Care allows between backups is four weeks. The only workaround I know of is to turn backup off then turn it on only when you want to back up your files.

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:14 PM
  • To turn off backup open One Care>Change Settings>Backup>Configure Backup, uncheck "Turn on backup on this PC".

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:17 PM
  • Thank already figured it out had i just looked i wouldn't of wasted your time woohoo back to green, does that mean my pc wont lag any more, and since your here may i ask , um y do I still get so many popups, all day, thats the reason why I got one care, can you help please ? I f your not to busy.

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:28 PM
  • If your computer is slow and you are seeing pop ups it is likely your computer has some malware that One Care may not have detected. I suggest contacting support for help. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:35 PM