Cannot connect to the phone system - An unidentified error has occured RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings.

Users at my site frequently leave their OCS cliend logged on overnight.  When such users return to work in the morning, they notice a Warning Indicator on the OCS Icon in the system tray (i.e. an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle) and a warning indicator on the top right of their OCS client.  When the user's click on warning indicator of the OCS client, they get the following error message:

Cannot connect to the phone system.

An unidentified error has occurred.  Please try again.  If the problem persists, please contact your system admininstrator.

If the user restarts his client (i.e. signs out and then signs back in) the warnings disappear.

Has anybody else every seen this problem?  I'm thinking that perhaps some kind of timer is expiring but don't know which timer it could me.

Respectfully,

Charles

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Charles,

Are you using Remote Call Control?  You usually won't see this error unless you either have RCC enabled or you have checked "enable PBX integration".

If you are using either of those options, my only guess is that the remote phone systems presence server has a timeout that drops the RCC connection after X number of minutes pass without any traffic. I don't believe that OCS has a timeout for things like that.

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Matt:

Yes, enable PBX Integration is checked.  I'm also concerned that telephony server might be timing out but still wanted to check if anybody has found an OCS cause for this problem.

Respectfully,

Charles

Monday, January 28, 2008 9:51 PM
  •  

Hi guys,

I have implemented OCS 2007 Stnd Edition Server and it is integrated with Nortel PBX.

I am facing the same issue with the integration when i login to Communicator.

Error:

Cannot Connect to the phone system - The Call Control Server is temporarily unavailable. Please contact your system administrator.

I am trying to fix it with the help of PBX guy. But it remains same.

Could anyone help me out by telling your suggestions.

With regards,

raj

Saturday, May 3, 2008 4:08 PM
  • Hi all,

I have the exact same problem with the Nortel CS1000 PBX.

All my users are RCC enabled and with that option selected I get the "unable to connect to phone system error".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:42 PM
  • The problem could maybe be related to one of the following:

- the "TelephonyMode" Key under Policies\Communicator is set incorrectly (value should be 2 for RCC)

- in Communicator options => phones => enable phone integration => advanced => we have to select "automatic conf"

- the user is not RCC enabled but the TelephonyMode Key is set to "2"

- in very few cases RCC had to be disabled, the account on the "phone server" deleted and afterwards enabled again

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:53 AM