remove user from deployment manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to this and still are testing this software. I did create a lot of test users from different locations to see if they are able to login. Now I am ready to add "real" users but for some reason I do not find how to remove the users I have made. I can deactivate them but not get rid of them all together to start new and create actual users that will use this software. It might be a strange question but how would I remove these users?
    Also we had added users and the computers which made 2 records for each user so we want to get also rid of all computer accounts we have.

I would appreciate a tip for this if possible.

Best wishes,
    Thomas
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Deleteing User functionality is not provided in MS CRM. You can only deactivate users. You may deactivate users and than delete that user from Active Directory. To make things clean you may group all unwanted users in one of the BU.

There is another possibility of deleting users directly from database but this is not supported way. You will need to do some R&D on CRM database for that purpose.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:53 AM

All replies

• There is no supported way to delete users from CRM - all you can do is deactivate them.

There is an unsupported route, which is to delete the records directly from the SQL tables, but I wouldn't normally recommend this as it is unsupported and can affect the stability of CRM

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

You cannot delete users from Microsoft CRM, they are conseved for historical data purpouses. You can only deactivate him. Also, if you use the redeployment wizard (included into installation cd) you could reassign the user to another active directory accounts.

I think that the best option is to reinstall the CRM and start from scratch. And if you plan to keep testing functionalities you could make a backup of a clean CRM databases and restore it instead of a complete reinstall.

Hope it helps

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

Deleteing User functionality is not provided in MS CRM. You can only deactivate users. You may deactivate users and than delete that user from Active Directory. To make things clean you may group all unwanted users in one of the BU.

There is another possibility of deleting users directly from database but this is not supported way. You will need to do some R&D on CRM database for that purpose.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:53 AM
  •  

I totally agree with Umar.

But what i found is even if a user gets deleted from the AD still he will be available in the MSCRM Users list.

Best way would be keep all of deactivated users into one BU.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:35 AM