Windows Live OneCare re-Installation RRS feed

• Question

• This morning I got a message from OneCare that there were important updates I needed to download. I tried, and it told me that it was not able to access the internet. Obviously I don't have internet connection problems since I am posting this message. I followed the instructions and uninstalled OneCare. Every time I try to re-install OneCare it stops because it can't download the updates. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:04 PM

Answers

• It appears that there is a problem with your Internet Connection to the OneCare servers, even with Internet access working fine in other regards. Are you using any other security software - antispyware, antivirus, firewall, parental controls, etc? Are you on dial-up or high speed? Are you using a proxy server?

Try setting your Internet Explorer settings to default. Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset

If you are still unable to complete the installation, please contact support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:00 PM