Addins and Balancing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently installed Disk Manager and AutoExit along with Avast. I found everything was ok once I had installed Avast and AutoExit, but as soon as I installed Disk Manager, I began to get the 'Balancing' notification at the bottom. This was still going the next morning. I then uninstalled AutoExit, and left the system for a few hours, but still no luck. Finally I uninstalled Avast and the system stopped balancing. Avast installed alone seems to be fine, but Disk Manager and AutoExit (latest versions) seem to set the balancing off.

Why is this the case, why do addins seem to have this affect? or could this be related to some other issue? Do others suffer with this?

Thanks

TLE.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:25 PM

All replies

• TLE,

I have Avast and the Disk Manager Add-In installed without any undue Balancing.

If you think it might be an Add-In, I would guess you will have to experiment with possible combinations. Also, it could well be some interaction with your particular hardware combination?

Colin

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:48 PM
  • I do not know if it is related but it looks like there is some problem in updating the console status when started from the connector. It reports balancing but when starting the console from the remote desktop is tells me otherwise: storage *is* balanced. I find the console status from the connector is updated but sometimes with a significant delay. I have seen other reports of this,

Btw: I have Avast and some other Addins (no Disk Manager) installed. I do not experience the problem as described.by TLE.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:20 PM
  •  Theo van Elsberg wrote:

I do not know if it is related but it looks like there is some problem in updating the console status when started from the connector. It reports balancing but when starting the console from the remote desktop is tells me otherwise: storage *is* balanced. I find the console status from the connector is updated but sometimes with a significant delay. I have seen other reports of this,

Btw: I have Avast and some other Addins (no Disk Manager) installed. I do not experience the problem as described.by TLE.

This is a bit odd because the connector is essentially a remote desktop session.  However I have seen some strange behavior with the bottom rows of pixels not updating correctly on the connector.  Perhaps some odd behavior due to the fact that's the usual location for the taskbar?
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:29 PM
  • It is RDP. But I found that quitting the WHS console from the connector is a disconnect form the session. So the console is not restarted in all cases. So as far as I can see it has to do with refreshing the console UI itself.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:11 PM
  •  Theo van Elsberg wrote:

It is RDP. But I found that quitting the WHS console from the connector is a disconnect form the session. So the console is not restarted in all cases. So as far as I can see it has to do with refreshing the console UI itself.

Yeah, when doing my minimize add-in, trying to restore the console back to full screen resulted in some odd behavior with the bottom of the console.

Not really enough info to make a bug report though...
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:43 PM