Urgent : DLL for "RetrieveCrmTicketRequest" class in MS CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Which DLL is used for class "RetrieveCrmTicketRequest". In the following code I am unable to solve the reference error:

RetrieveCrmTicketRequest ticketRequest = 
                        new RetrieveCrmTicketRequest();
    ticketRequest.OrganizationName = organization;
    ticketRequest.UserId = domain + "\\" + username;
    ticketRequest.Password = password;
    RetrieveCrmTicketResponse ticketResponse = 
                        (RetrieveCrmTicketResponse)disco.Execute(ticketRequest);

Please help.

• Edited by JaiHariHar Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:58 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, it's perfectly secure since it's a WS-Security interchange that uses message based security over HTTPS.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by JaiHariHar Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:47 PM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:45 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

This request is from the old 2007 CRM 4 endpoint that will no longer be available in the next version of Dynamics - You can find it in the Microsoft.Crm.DiscoveryService.dll assembly in the SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh547453.aspx

hth

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:21 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

This request is from the old 2007 CRM 4 endpoint that will no longer be available in the next version of Dynamics - You can find it in the Microsoft.Crm.DiscoveryService.dll assembly in the SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh547453.aspx

hth

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thanks for the reply Scott, but I am using Microsoft CRM 2011. So in CRM 2011 what procedure is used to generate ticket request ?
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:54 AM
  • Hi,

The 'OrganizationServiceProxy' class handles this for you - you provide the Credentials and it does the rest - see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh675404.aspx

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:12 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

The 'OrganizationServiceProxy' class handles this for you - you provide the Credentials and it does the rest - see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh675404.aspx

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thanks. I was using 'OrganizationServiceProxy' class and also using "DeviceIdManager" class provided by Microsoft SDK. The constructor of 'OrganizationServiceProxy' class takes 'ClientCredentials' and 'DeviceCredentials'. So is it secure to pass Credentials in this 'OrganizationServiceProxy' constructor or should I use something else (like ticket/token)?

string userName = "username@orgname.onmicrosoft.com";   
    string password = "password";  

ClientCredentials Credentials = new ClientCredentials();
    Credentials.UserName.UserName = username;
    Credentials.UserName.Password = password;

string organizationName = string.Empty;
    Uri organizationUrl = new Uri("https://orgname.api.crm5.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc");

private static ClientCredentials GetDeviceCredentials()
    {
       return Microsoft.Crm.Services.Utility.DeviceIdManager.LoadOrRegisterDevice();
    }

using (OrganizationServiceProxy serviceProxy = 
    new OrganizationServiceProxy(organizationUrl, null, Credentials, GetDeviceCredentials()))
    {
    IOrganizationService service = (IOrganizationService)serviceProxy;

var accounts = service.RetrieveMultiple(accountQuery);
    }

• Edited by JaiHariHar Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:45 PM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, it's perfectly secure since it's a WS-Security interchange that uses message based security over HTTPS.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

• Marked as answer by JaiHariHar Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:47 PM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thank you so much Scott for the clarification.
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:49 PM