Thread manners. RRS feed

• Question

• Where is a good place to read about "thrediquette" ?

Really, though, I  have a few threads that are still open and wonder if I should mark them as answered?

Some of them died down, others I just did a workaround that does not really answer the question.

I am new to this, so any help would be appreciated.

Luke Hippe

"Take it easy, but take it." - w.guthrie
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:53 PM

Answers

• Hello Luke,

We apologize for the inconvenience cause to you. I request you to please post your query in the right forum and quote each  and every details of the issue.

I do believe that your query will be answered.

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Friday, January 23, 2009 5:35 AM
  • That I'm aware of, no. But the general forum etiquette applies here, and as for question 2, you might just want to add a post to the thread explaining what you did, and then mark that post as the answer.

Hope this helps!

• Marked as answer by luke_hippe Monday, March 9, 2009 4:26 PM
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hello Luke,

We apologize for the inconvenience cause to you. I request you to please post your query in the right forum and quote each  and every details of the issue.

I do believe that your query will be answered.

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Friday, January 23, 2009 5:35 AM
  • This really did not address the questions I had asked.  I wil reiterate.

1.  Are there any threads in this forum that cover the topic of 'best practices' for post, answering and closing threads?

2.  Is it acceptable to mark your own thread as 'answered' if no solution has been presented and you discovered a workaround?

Thank you for your time in answering the questions.

Luke Hippe

"Take it easy, but take it." - w.guthrie
    Friday, January 23, 2009 3:03 PM
  • That I'm aware of, no. But the general forum etiquette applies here, and as for question 2, you might just want to add a post to the thread explaining what you did, and then mark that post as the answer.

Hope this helps!

• Marked as answer by luke_hippe Monday, March 9, 2009 4:26 PM
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 2:27 AM