Consistency problems.... RRS feed

• Question

• Home Server just gave me a critical error which says... "A Possible database consistency problem has been detected in the backup database"

It does not give any solutions on how to resolve the issue...   It only happened after the amount that was being backedup crossed 1TB...   Not the information stored, but the actual backup information...  Everything was fine right up through 985GB, and once it was to 1009GB it started giving me these consistency errors...    I'm telling it to perform a cleanup right now, but if the problem goes away after going below 1TB, I'm going to put more data into the backup until I cross it again to see if the issue happens again...

Any thoughts on the issue, or is this comething that RTM has fixed?

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:31 PM

All replies

• Yes, this will be fix on RTM, as it goes to gold now.

For now, you can solve the issue by deleting the backup and clean it or use SME tut on that issue.

My best.

Update: here the link for the tutorial:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1744726&SiteID=50
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:49 PM
  • I just love that tutorial. Big Smile

Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:55 PM
  •  

as long as there is a consistency issue, cleanup won't run.  If you want to try to fix the consistency error without deleting all of your backups, check out my post towards the end of SME's thread.
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:59 PM
  • Yes, we know that this is an issue, and should be fixed in RTM.
    Saturday, July 28, 2007 4:23 AM
  •  Tom Ziegmann (MS) wrote:
    Yes, we know that this is an issue, and should be fixed in RTM.

I think I've said it before but as much as I like that the tutorial has helped so many people, I'm happier that it's fixed in RTM. I only wrote it because there were so many people with the problem. Wink

Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:47 PM