Create Marketing List from another Dynamic Marketing List RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have quick requirement to get the list of contact which are not part of Dynamic Marketing List1. Please help its quite urgent....

Garfield!!

• Edited by KunuChopra Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:35 PM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:35 PM

All replies

• I would look into the advance find query used for the "Dynamic Marketing List1" and work on writing a query (complementary query) which excludes the results from Dynamic Marketing List1 query.

E.g if the advance find query in "Dynamic Marketing List1", gives you the list of active contacts. Then, I will write a advance find query like 'gives me the list of contacts whose status reason 'Doesn't Equal' Active'.

I hope this helps!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:23 PM
  • Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:48 PM
  • Open your dynamic list.

Click Copy to Static list

This creates a "snapshot" of your Dynamic list (because the technique below does not work with dynamic lists)

Create a new list called "Contacts not in list (X)"

Manage members, add all Contacts to this list (presumably all Active Contacts, to be precise).

Manage members again, and Remove members by using Advanced Find. IN the Advanced Find query, find all Contacts that are related to a Marketing List, then in the Marketing List section choose the "Marketing List" field > Equals > select the static snapshot list you just created. This will match all the Contacts in that list.

So now you have all Active Contacts minus those from your first list.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

• Proposed as answer by Adam Vero Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:29 AM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:29 AM