How to accommodate changes in scope xml file in sync service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want stop syncing two of the tables that are already provisioned because they are not going to be used anymore. If i comment out the table from scope xml file, i am getting internal server error while syncing. This was captured in the log file:

ERROR  , 39, 11/21/2014 10:44:02, System.NullReferenceException
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Services.SqlProvider.SqlSyncProviderService.CreateNewScopeForClient()
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Services.SqlProvider.SqlSyncProviderService.GetChanges(Byte[] serverBlob)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Services.DownloadChangesRequestProcessor.ProcessRequest(Request incomingRequest)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Services.SyncService`1.ProcessRequestForMessage(Stream messageBody)

I have commented out the filter parameters file which refers to the commented table. Am i missing anything? what the usual procedure followed when it comes to remove a table from the scope of provisioning?

Thanks

Monday, November 24, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

• where did you comment it out? in the DB itself?
    Monday, December 1, 2014 6:42 AM
  • No, in the sync service service code(c# code). There is a .cs file which contains all the parameters corresponding to the scope xml file. 
    Monday, December 1, 2014 11:15 AM
  • you cannot alter the definition of a scope once it's been provisioned. neither Sync Fx nor Sync toolkit support modifying the scope definition.
    Monday, December 1, 2014 11:33 AM