How do i choose which user i am logged on as on the server (not local) RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I've just installed Windows home server, and (after purchasing a few things) got it running very nicely. I've done all updates and added two computers, though will eventually add more. I've also set up several users (family).

Related to users though, i have a question:

When logged on to my computer (username mj, server logon mj), it automatically logs me on as MJ to the server; I can view my accounts files and get accessed denied when trying to view the restricted settings. However, How would i re-logon to the server as somebody else?

E.G I have backed up the folder "Work". How do i log on to any of my connected computers and log on to the server as mj, and not any of the other accounts that have automatically been logged on? Or Vice Versa, the account 'bob' log on to my laptop that is automatically MJ?

Thanks,

MJ

Sunday, June 22, 2008 12:07 PM

Answers

•  Mjennings65 wrote:
    hi all,

I've just installed Windows home server, and (after purchasing a few things) got it running very nicely. I've done all updates and added two computers, though will eventually add more. I've also set up several users (family).

Related to users though, i have a question:

When logged on to my computer (username mj, server logon mj), it automatically logs me on as MJ to the server; I can view my accounts files and get accessed denied when trying to view the restricted settings. However, How would i re-logon to the server as somebody else?

Just log off of the client computer and log on again as someone else (that already has an account on the client computer).

Mjennings65 wrote:
    E.G I have backed up the folder "Work". How do i log on to any of my connected computers and log on to the server as mj, and not any of the other accounts that have automatically been logged on? Or Vice Versa, the account 'bob' log on to my laptop that is automatically MJ?

Thanks,

MJ

Sunday, June 22, 2008 2:21 PM