Deep Subgrid Query: Show other contacts that share the same Parent Customer (Account) RRS feed

• Question

• I thought I'd throw this out and see if anybody can offer any help, or let me know if what I want is simply not supported within the existing "Deep Subgrid Query" functionality (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2012/04/16/deep-queries-for-subgrids.aspx).

I have built a handful of these, but have never done one like I detail below:

On the Contact record, I would like to display a grid showing all contacts that share the same Parent Customer (Account). For this we can assume that only Accounts will be used as Parent Customers.

Example: Tom, Dick, and Harry work for XYZ company. Opening Tom's record would show a grid with Tom, Dick, and Harry in it.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

-James

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:48 PM

Answers

• Yes, this is possible. However you will need to use JavaScript to filter the sub-grid.

See this example, which shows a similar requirement (just change it from showing contacts to showing accounts, and filter by the parentcustomerid):

http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/paulnieuwelaar/2013/01/24/filter-sub-grid-dynamics-crm-2011-rollup-12-(polaris)

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Monday, August 19, 2013 8:56 PM
  • Try this code

function UpdateSubGrid(){ 
        var leadGrid = document.getElementById("Condensate");  
        //If this method is called from the form OnLoad, make sure that the grid is loaded before proceeding   
        //Included extra null check as a rollup 5 fix
        if (leadGrid ==null || leadGrid.readyState != "complete") {
            //The subgrid hasn't loaded, wait 1 second and then try again     
            setTimeout('UpdateSubGrid()', 1000);     
            return; 
        }  //Update the fetchXML that will be used by the grid.
        var oPack = Xrm.Page.getAttribute("new_condensateid").getValue()[0].id;
        var fetchXml= '<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false"><entity name="new_pack"><attribute name="new_packid" /><attribute name="new_name" /><attribute name="createdon" /><attribute name="new_totalprice" /><attribute name="new_quantity" /><attribute name="new_listprice" /><order attribute="new_name" descending="false" /><filter type="and"><condition attribute="new_productpackid" operator="eq" value="'+oPack+'"/></filter><link-entity name="product" from="productid" to="new_productid" visible="false" link-type="outer" alias="a_7696afcf6bf0e2119c5178e3b508aaa1"><attribute name="productnumber" /></link-entity></entty></fetch>';
    i   // alert(fetchXml);

leadGrid.control.SetParameter("fetchXml", fetchXml); 
        //Force the subgrid to refresh 
        leadGrid.control.Refresh();
    }

after change fetchXML

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:08 PM

All replies

• Yes, this is possible. However you will need to use JavaScript to filter the sub-grid.

See this example, which shows a similar requirement (just change it from showing contacts to showing accounts, and filter by the parentcustomerid):

http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/paulnieuwelaar/2013/01/24/filter-sub-grid-dynamics-crm-2011-rollup-12-(polaris)

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Monday, August 19, 2013 8:56 PM
  • Paul-

Thanks for the info. It's exactly what I need, but is still giving me some headaches. I'm getting an error that updateSubGrid() is undefined. Are you sure that this function is still available in RU14?

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Try this code

function UpdateSubGrid(){ 
        var leadGrid = document.getElementById("Condensate");  
        //If this method is called from the form OnLoad, make sure that the grid is loaded before proceeding   
        //Included extra null check as a rollup 5 fix
        if (leadGrid ==null || leadGrid.readyState != "complete") {
            //The subgrid hasn't loaded, wait 1 second and then try again     
            setTimeout('UpdateSubGrid()', 1000);     
            return; 
        }  //Update the fetchXML that will be used by the grid.
        var oPack = Xrm.Page.getAttribute("new_condensateid").getValue()[0].id;
        var fetchXml= '<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false"><entity name="new_pack"><attribute name="new_packid" /><attribute name="new_name" /><attribute name="createdon" /><attribute name="new_totalprice" /><attribute name="new_quantity" /><attribute name="new_listprice" /><order attribute="new_name" descending="false" /><filter type="and"><condition attribute="new_productpackid" operator="eq" value="'+oPack+'"/></filter><link-entity name="product" from="productid" to="new_productid" visible="false" link-type="outer" alias="a_7696afcf6bf0e2119c5178e3b508aaa1"><attribute name="productnumber" /></link-entity></entty></fetch>';
    i   // alert(fetchXml);

leadGrid.control.SetParameter("fetchXml", fetchXml); 
        //Force the subgrid to refresh 
        leadGrid.control.Refresh();
    }

after change fetchXML

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Faisal (and Paul)-

Thank you for the responses. Faisal's code gave me the additional info I needed to get this finished.
    Much Appreciated!

James

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:43 PM