Live Mesh installation aborted RRS feed

• Question

• Hello live-mesh-community, i have a problem:

i tried on weekend Live-Mesh on my private PC at home to sync my feedreader database. It works very fine.
    Today i would install Live-Mesh at work on my PC, the installer aborted with the following message:

"Installer encountered errors - Error 8024401B"

Some facts about my systems and my work:

at HOME: Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium (all windows updates installed)
    at WORK: Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate (all windows updates installed)

I'm a IT-trainee, We have a Windows-Network with a domain-controller, we have an proxyserver with authentification, McAffee Total Protection, i have administration rights,
    but i don't know where is the misstake.

Can you help me, please?
    Monday, February 8, 2010 5:21 PM

Answers

• Live Mesh does not support use with an authenticated proxy.
    You can access the Live Desktop via the browser, but remote desktop won't work via the authenticated proxy either and the client software won't work, even if you could install it. During install, it is looking to connect to Windows Update and that's why you are seeing the failure.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:13 PM

All replies

• Live Mesh does not support use with an authenticated proxy.
    You can access the Live Desktop via the browser, but remote desktop won't work via the authenticated proxy either and the client software won't work, even if you could install it. During install, it is looking to connect to Windows Update and that's why you are seeing the failure.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:13 PM
  • Thank you Steve!
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:27 PM