CRM Email Activties double spaced RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2011 5.0.9690.2839

We use email activities with CRM all the time, and the double spacing looks terrible.  I have read that we can do a SHIFT+ENTER to single space but this just seems like extras key strokes.  Plus when i copy and past test into a CRM email activity it ADDS the double spacing on the copied text.  Is there anyway to fix this yet????

Sheila

Thank you, Sheila O'Meara Accounting Consultant Supervisor 302 5th St SW Willmar, MN 56201 Support: 866-593-9269 Direct: 320-441-5550

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:08 PM

All replies

• Correction, i can copy paste without the extra line spacing, however this still seems to be more hassle than it should be, especially for such a powerful program.

Sheila

Thank you, Sheila O'Meara Accounting Consultant Supervisor 302 5th St SW Willmar, MN 56201 Support: 866-593-9269 Direct: 320-441-5550

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Hi Shelia, most customers deploy CRM for Outlook and write all their customer emails using Outlook. This offers many advantages: easier formatting, spell checking, easier to add attachments, signatures, etc.

Customers using CRM's e-mail web form usually miss all these features and often rely on e-mail templates to ensure email messages are correctly formatted, spell checked, with signatures, etc.

My advice would be to consider using CRM for Outlook and composing your email messages in Outlook if possible.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:14 AM
  • Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done to change this behavior out of the box. I think it would be possible to put in some custom JavaScript to reformat the body of the e-mail message to remove the double spacing.

Lucas Alexander
    Twitter
    Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:28 AM
  • Thank you for your replies.

We actually use the Service Cases in CRM and use the activites from the case window, and that is why we use the email from CRM.  I was hoping there was something that could be done with this.  Does anyone know if there is a plan to add the formatting ability in the CRM email activities, so we could do everything from CRM cases?  It disappoints me to hear that a program that is so powerful, can't have this functionality built in.

Sheila

Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:46 PM