connecting to internet RRS feed

• Question

• on boot up this pc stopped connecting to internet. it boots i start essentials to run which it does. i then hit windows updates nothing then i go to control panel and hit network and sit and wait for the pc to connect to the internet. connects in about 3 minutes. bought new usb wireless linksys adapter not that. stop all programs from starting on bootup not that. have been deleting programs and software in external hard drives. i am running windows 7 64 bit. home network with 32 bit pc dfownstairs which works fine. it is connected wired and wireless. i do not run homegroup. desktop pc is hp pavilion elite HPE-110f i just lost memory a while ago and had staples double the memory. i bought kingston memory. it was inexpensive so i went for it. the pc has 16 gb of ram now not 8 gtb as the factory setting. one thing after anther failed since the memory failure. had about 15 microsoft tech. and me troubleshooting this pc about a month now. one thing after another failed. reinstalled windows 3 times. sp1 wore out disc.microsoft sent me new one. windows updater had to be fixed the installer failed and so on. now i cannot connect to internet. new issue? walter wshebib@cogeco.net
    walter shebib
    • Moved by Ken Warren Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:47 AM off topic for Windows Home Server forums (From:Windows Home Server Hardware and Installation)
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:59 AM

Answers

All replies