set up HPC Cluster with non domain joined settings RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to use non domain joined settings for HN/CN.

For the purpose, I set up HN and CN without domain, however, CN never appear in the HPC Cluster Manager.

I checked log file with `hpctrace getlog mgmt -d:"C:\mylogs\"` and found a message as
    "[HpcManagement] This is non domain joined compute node, HpcManagement service will do nothing!"

I already watched related question, then add HN hostname to hosts file on CN before the set up. And pinging was succeeded. 
    https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a4b2c532-ceb9-414d-a722-f7286bc94f4d/documentation-for-deploying-nondomain-joined-compute-node-in-hpc-2016?forum=windowshpcitpros

And I could successfully launch HPC Cluster Manager connecting to HN from CN. So I think cert setting has no problem.

I am using HPC 2016 update 3 on Windows Server 2019.
    Do you have any suggestion to investigate this situation?

Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:48 PM

All replies

• Are you using the same self-signed certificate when installing the head node and compute node?

If you are using two different certificates, say CertA on the HN, CertB on the CN, then you will have to export CertA (without private key) from the head node, and install it to "Local Computer\Trusted Root Certification Authorities" on the CN. And do the similar thing for CertB.

Saturday, May 9, 2020 9:29 AM