none
Failed TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring (70-640) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I sat the 70-640 today and sadly, I didn't pass. I got 640/1000.

I am really struggling with "Configuring Additional Active Directory Server Roles" and "Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services" and I have read and read the chapters in MSPress and watched the CBT Nuggets over and over again, and I have also been taking a class on it. Does anyone know a good resource where I can learn these two from? because its so frustrating to of thought you were full bottle on something yet in the exam, just on that particularly exam objective I got less then 50 percent.

Any help would be appreciated very very much.

Matthew Jones
    Monday, August 1, 2011 6:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Matty,

sorry to hear that. I like to play around with some VMs alot. That helps me undeerstanding the possibilities. And you can look at the available documentation on technet. Maybe you find some more information there that helps you to understand the different options there.

Good luck with your next try!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, August 1, 2011 6:28 AM
    Answerer
  • I'm preparing to take my ws2k8 R2 test.. and have been usingmeasureup on top of the ms 70-640 training book. Problem is I think I have to delay my test time because I'm afraid I don't have R2 related content covered. 

I'd say exam cram looks very well written and looks like in the right direction-- it gives a direct list of terms you should know for each Part of the main subjects. (MCTS measureup 70-640 by Don Poulton)..

An additional source I'll be looking into is the new mspress 70-640 R2 book which is supposed to have been released I hope I can get my hands on this and make sure I cover any tidbits of R2  ( http://oreilly.com/catalog/0790145314413/ )

Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Matty,

sorry to hear that. I like to play around with some VMs alot. That helps me undeerstanding the possibilities. And you can look at the available documentation on technet. Maybe you find some more information there that helps you to understand the different options there.

Good luck with your next try!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, August 1, 2011 6:28 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Konrad,

I've been doing that as well, infact I have a blade server just for VM's at home and I've been hammering the 70-640 topics for about 8 months its just those 2 points that got me down, the worse thing is it was probably only 2 questions that caused me to fail. I knew this particulate exam was going to be extremely hard compared to the 70-642 which I did on my first shot with 800 exactly.

Matthew Jones
    Monday, August 1, 2011 6:36 AM
  • That is sad :(. From my point of view you did everything correctly to prepare for that exam. The only possibilities I can think of is a practice test now. MeasureUp / SelfTestSoftware offer nice tests. But I don't know how good they updated their tests to contain the new R2 stuff.

Maybe I can help you with some other ideas that I saw / did in the past:

One thing that a friend is doing: He mindmaps everything. That is his way to sort all information and get one complete view on a technology. Maybe this can be a nice idea for your, too.

And what I do is: When I go through anything, I really want to be able to exactly know what happens where. So as a Software Developer I look at classes that are important and then I want to know exactly what each property is about. Transfered to your part, you could go through allconfiguration options. But maybe this is much easier said than done.

Maybe you just continue your preparation a little more and retry the exam? Or maybe someone else has some more ideas that could help you in your preparation.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, August 1, 2011 6:49 AM
    Answerer
  • I'm preparing to take my ws2k8 R2 test.. and have been usingmeasureup on top of the ms 70-640 training book. Problem is I think I have to delay my test time because I'm afraid I don't have R2 related content covered. 

I'd say exam cram looks very well written and looks like in the right direction-- it gives a direct list of terms you should know for each Part of the main subjects. (MCTS measureup 70-640 by Don Poulton)..

An additional source I'll be looking into is the new mspress 70-640 R2 book which is supposed to have been released I hope I can get my hands on this and make sure I cover any tidbits of R2  ( http://oreilly.com/catalog/0790145314413/ )

Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:30 AM