Adjusting a Windows Live Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - This year I used Windows Live OneCare for my desktop, sharing the subscription with my parents for their two computers. My parents now need to use all 3 slots on the subscription so I have purchased my own. Is there a way to enter the new product code without having to uninstall and reinstall the software? This process is a pain.

If this is not possible, do you have any suggestions for this issue: I use automatic backups to an external hard drive, and the last time I was forced to uninstall and reinstall the software do to a software malfunction, the program no longer recognized the previous backups it had performed and required a full back up, which took many hours. If I do have to reinstall the program, is there a way to avoid having to "reback-up" my entire computer?

Thanks! Amy
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:09 PM

Answers

• There is a tool available to clear the Live ID information from the trial version - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776450&SiteID=2 but I don't know if it will work for you. If it does work you can create a new Live ID and create a new account with the product key. It might be worth a try. The only alternative I am aware of is to uninstall One Care, create a new account with a new Live ID, and start backups from the beginning.

Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:47 PM