Import solution CRM 2011 and error: You can not create field because the maximum number of fields for the entity. Delete an existing fields and try again. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have a big problem, I have about 455 fields in Entity Contact, on the form I have 331 fields in unmanaged solution. I export and try Import managed solution in other organizatio and I can't:

You can not create field because the maximum number of fields for the entity. Delete an existing fields and try again.

Before I have about 505 columns in Entity and about 300 Fields on form and works great. Anyone knows why I could have a problem? Is any limit on CRM form published columns?

TOm

Friday, August 23, 2013 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you import an unmanaged solution, if you delete fields, they are not actually deleted from the target system, so it could be that you have deleted them on your source system, but they are still there and using up space on your target system. If they are not required, you will need to manually delete them.

500 fields is a very large number, and it might be worth considering splitting them down into child entities. You may have even reached the maximum table width of 8060 bytes - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143432.aspx

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, August 23, 2013 9:31 AM
    Answerer