H57 Chipset RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone used a H57 chipset based motherboard with a Clarkdale based cpu?

I am thinking of building one, but would like to know if the XP based drivers for the SATA and the onboard video will work since they don't offer them in Server 2003.

I don't want to order the parts and then find out the drivers will not work.

I am looking at a Asus P7H57D-V Evo board and a i5-660 cpu.

Thanks!
    Sunday, March 14, 2010 11:13 PM

All replies

• XP drivers will usually work, but when you buy system builder software, you take full responsibility for making sure you have hardware that will support your software; there are no guarantees.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 15, 2010 2:29 AM
  • I just built a similar H55 chipset (Asus P7H55-M PRO) WHS server with the Clarkdale i3-530.  After the install you will need to install your LAN drivers first from the Asus disk provided (or downloaded) with the MB as WHS does not have drivers for it.  The XP Graphics drivers from Intel (provided again by ASUS) worked fine and I didn't attempt to run my hard drives in AHCI for all the hotly debated reasons instead just running in Enhanced IDE mode.

FWIW, the i3 is plenty of processor and the i5 would be probably unnecessary if your looking to shave a couple of $$ off your build.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:21 PM