none
Activation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was diverted to this page and still cannot get an answer to me problem. I have W7b Ultimate installed on my laptop and have reformatted it agian and i now receive amessage that the W7 is not legitmate, I can assure it is as it has worked for the best part of 18 months no probs.

I install it as 32 bit, heaps of hard drive, heaps of RAM etc, etc. The laptop was running fine but I refomatted to reset back to otiginal to delet provate information to pass to me kids to use, and that is when the error message came up.

What can I do?? Microsoft have asked me to repurchase for $349.00 or similar and I just paid $400.00 odd 18 months ago!! I have the diognositc report if that helps. The last "Answers Page" would not let me answer and diverted me here to you!! That was nice of them as I am sure you are not busy!!!!!

Windu

Windu

Sunday, June 10, 2012 12:03 AM

Answers

• please read the sticky at the top of the page

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Please state the version and edition of windows from your COA. do not state the product key.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:02 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• please read the sticky at the top of the page

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Please state the version and edition of windows from your COA. do not state the product key.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:02 AM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:59 PM