One Care Subscription Failure RRS feed

• Question

• I have three computers associated with my One Care Subscription.  One of the computers has three selectable boot sequences.  That computer constantly fails to allow One Care start-up because One Care thinks that there are more than three computers associated with the subscription.  How do I fix this?
    Monday, August 4, 2008 6:51 PM

Answers

• How do you know that the reason for a startup problem is due to the number of computers? Note that a multi-boot PC with OneCare installed and activated on each installed OS counts as multiple computers as far as licensing, as is the case with the OS, too.

-steve

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 6:34 PM

All replies

• If you have One Care installed on more than one operating system on a multi boot computer you may have exceeded the three computer limit. Each operating system on a computer is counted as a different computer.

Monday, August 4, 2008 8:02 PM
  • Yet there is only one computer being monitored. 
    Monday, August 4, 2008 9:10 PM
  •  Fresca2u wrote:
    Yet there is only one computer being monitored. 

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. If you have more than three One Care installations you will have to uninstall One Care until you are left with only three instances of One Care before we can troubleshoot subscription issues.

Monday, August 4, 2008 9:22 PM
  • How do you know that the reason for a startup problem is due to the number of computers? Note that a multi-boot PC with OneCare installed and activated on each installed OS counts as multiple computers as far as licensing, as is the case with the OS, too.

-steve

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 6:34 PM
  • Ok.  Thanks.  I get it.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 10:44 PM