quote product to product relationship RRS feed

• Question

• We are using crm 2013 on premises.

I am having issues with customizing the Quote Product (quotedetail) entity.  I have seen a lot of posts about the relationship and mapping of the Quote Product entity to the Opportunity Entity.  My problem is the mapping between the Quote Product entity and the Product entity.

A have data that I would like to pull from the product as soon as the quote product is created.  This data is crucial for generating quotes for customers (I am currently generating the quotes to be send to customers from reports).  

For example:

I want to put the product description on the quote.  This I have done by querying the product description directly from the Product entity.  The problem is that sometimes a custom description must be added or the default description for the product must be changed for a specific quote.  To resolve this I would like to pull the product description from the Product entity and add it to a field in the Quote Product entity.  The sales people can then alter the product description as required.  

How can I accomplish this?

Please vote if you find my post useful. Add me on Skype @ christo.skype1

Monday, April 14, 2014 6:47 AM

All replies

• you can write java script code on change of product selected or updated to change any field on Quote product screen in CRM system.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:09 PM
    Answerer
  • The problem is that no jscript is called when adding a product though the inline edit view.

Please vote if you find my post useful. Add me on Skype @ christo.skype1

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:35 AM