Running WHS 2011 RC through VMware RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VMware workstation 7.1.3 on Web Server 2008 R2 to run WHS 2011 RC.  This is my first experience with WHS, but I have used VMware many times, and am running a couple Virtual PC's off this server right now.  VMware had no problem installing WHS, and it seems to work fine, but VMware tools will not install on it.  When I try, I get a warning message saying, "VMware tools installation cannot be started manually while easy install is in progress."  I've never had this problem before, and while I feel I'm missing something obvious, it has me perplexed to the point of frustration.  If anyone else is having this problem, or knows how to solve it, I could really use some help.
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:58 PM

All replies

• i had the same trouble... i was going to try to reinstall without running the easy install option

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:08 PM
  • I had a similar problem. Now I have it running. Increase the virtual disk size from 40GB to 160GB or more. Don't preallocate the 160GB because it will actually use all of that disk space. You also might need the driver vmscsi.1.2.0.4.flp which you can download from vmware.
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:36 AM