locked
Dynamics CRM 2011 keeps asking user to put a value into required field which is already filled. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    Today I have faced really strange issue regaring to standard form validation by Dynamics CRM 2011.

    After scheduled reset of IIS some users have started to report us a strange behavior of standard form validating functionality. When they were trying to save a record, the system was returning a message that there was no value set into required field. Confusing was the fact, that this filed actually got set a value, at least it was visible. Even if user would change it value to another one, and tried to save the form, the messeage returned was the same. It was an option set field, with declared default value, so there was no way it would remain empty. Of course I know about this whole "forceSubmit" thing regarding to crm fields, but this field is never blocked to edit, hidden etc. We have noticed this strange behavior on different types of entities. Also it seems that in "affected" records/user machines, all custom javascript funcionts doesn't work, for example hiding form sections regarding to value set to particular field.

    I have tried to investigate this by debugging form in IE (F12). Only once I have seen an error during loading standard form.js, which were saying that there was no possibilty to run "setFocus" method. I dont think that this has any meaning, as in all other cases there was no errors at all.

    And now, the funniest thing: everything seem to getting back to normal, after turning on "enable debugging" in script area of development tools window (F12) in IE for particular record - it ask if it can leave the page/reload record, and then everything works perfect. I have no idea what could cause this. We have not imported any new crm solution meanwhile, nor did any kind of deployment in this environment. One thing which seems to have any meaning is the fact it all happened after resarting IIS on CRM server form command line. What confuses me more, it is not the rule for all users, some of them are facing this issue, for the rest, everything is ok.

    Any idea what is going on? Anyone faced similar issues before?

    Best regards, Kubas.

    Friday, November 8, 2013 5:34 PM

All replies

  • We had some scripting issues not same but similar in the way that IE tool used to report problems in CRM system js files. But always it was related to one of our custom js files. Once we found some strange script error on account form while there were no custom scripts on it but we later found that one contact was shown in iframe with faulty script register to it.

    The IIS reset would have forced the faulty script to all systems. Also check user roles if there is code which could get affected by it. You may want to check the data each user accessing as it could be data specific .


    - Arvind (My posts represent my own views and not of Accenture's)

    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:17 AM