none
Cannot install Connector Software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm having some serious issues with trying to install the home connector software.

I've just fresh installed windows 7 on my computer and i've also fresh installed WHS on another computer.

However the problem is saying that the passwords do not match, i've changed the password several times tried both uppercase and lowercase but to no avail. I've also disabled all firewalls on both systems and it is still continuing to say that the passwords do not match.

I am now tearing my hair out and on the verge of just forget ever using WHS.

If anyone an help me it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rob

Monday, August 23, 2010 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Rob,
    this kind of non match between Windows 7 and WHS is usually caused by time differences between client and server. Check carefully system time, system date and time zone on both the server and the client. (On a fresh installed server the time zone defaults to Pacific time, so this may cause a difference, if the time does match optically).

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, August 23, 2010 9:26 PM
  • Hi olaf, 

Sorry for the late reply i've been busy today - i've double checked the system times, dates and zones which was the first thing i looked at. 

I think im just about to give up on WHS now as there does not seem to be any solution and probably look at other options on setting up a server

thanks

Rob

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:26 PM
  • So please check the event log on the server, if around the time of the password mismatch message warnings (often DCOM) are present. If so, post these here.

These may come from installing unsupported applications or updates on the server, which may mess up with IIS related security settings.

From which source do you install Connector - from http://yourservername:55000 (recommended) or somewhere else?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:29 PM